- The main form of plasma B6‡
- Helps metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins‡
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
P5P 50 is the predominant form of plasma B6 and provides a wide range of physiological support. P5P is an important coenzyme in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins, and helps release glycogen from the liver and muscles.‡
Predominant form of circulating vitamin B6
Pyridoxal 5' phosphate (P5P) is the active metabolite of pyridoxine and is the predominant form of plasma B6. P5P is required for proper absorption of B12 and magnesium, and for the production of gastric HCl. It is an important coenzyme in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins, and the elongation of essential fatty acids. It is required for the production of antibodies and red blood cells. P5P facilitates the release of glycogen (used in energy production) from the liver and muscles. In addition, P5P helps maintain the balance of sodium and potassium, which regulates body fluids and promotes the healthy functioning of the nervous and musculoskeletal systems.‡
‡These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
P5P 50 (activated B6)
- each vegetarian capsule contains:
- other ingredients: hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), ascorbyl palmitate
- 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with meals.