Essential mineral for vascular function and overall health‡
Potassium activates many enzymatic reactions and is essential to a number of physiologic processes, including transmission of nerve impulses, muscle contraction, gastric secretions, renal function, tissue synthesis, and carbohydrate metabolism. Potassium is the major cation of intracellular fluid and is essential for maintenance of acid-alkaline balance, isotonicity, and electrodynamic characteristics of the cell. In addition, it works with sodium to maintain healthy water balance, heart rhythm, and nerve and muscle function. Research suggests that adequate potassium intake may support healthy blood flow and cardiovascular health.‡
‡These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- each vegetarian capsule contains:
- other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), ascorbyl palmitate
- Not to be taken if you have hyperkalemia or abnormal kidney function, or take ACE inhibitors or potassium sparing diuretics.
- Natural color variations may occur
- 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with meals.